Please read this statement before you provide any personal data to Bowtie x JP Partners Medical Centre Limited ("we", "our" or "us").
A. Purposes of Collection
Our staff members and/or our affiliated doctors and healthcare providers may obtain from (I) you; (II) any appropriate third party authorised by you; (III) our clinical diagnostic procedures, (IV) your correspondence with us; and (V) your use of our facilities, clinic(s), website, applications and platforms your personal data (including your health information and medical history). We may use your personal data and compile additional personal data of you using the above data and other information and particulars about you for the following purposes or any purposes directly relating to any of them:
- We will obtain your consent before using or disclosing your personal data (including those complied by us as contemplated under paragraph 1 above) for purposes other than those set out in paragraph 1 above.
- It is voluntary for you to provide your personal data to us. You should make sure that the personal data provided is accurate and complete. If you fail to provide any required and accurate and complete personal data, we may not be able to serve the purposes listed above.
B. Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data
We may transfer or disclose your personal data to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong) for the purposes stated in paragraph 1 above:
- your attending doctors/healthcare providers;
- doctors / healthcare providers who are not our staff members, affiliated doctors, or healthcare providers but who require them for purposes relating to your healthcare;
- your insurer, agent and/or broker and/or our bank(s), and/or payment service provider(s);
- our agents and service providers (including professional advisors) who provide to us services in connection with our services, operations and/or business (including, but not limited to, clinical, laboratory or technical services, billing and accounting, information technology support, legal and other professional services);
- our Affiliates;
- visitors / staff / academics / students / trainees from hospitals, healthcare or educational institutions who are authorized by us for teaching, education, research and/or statistical purposes;
- accreditation institutions; and
- the court if ordered or subpoenaed by the court or such other persons as we/our Affiliates are required by any Law.
- We may transfer or assign the personal data you provided to us in the event of a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding up of us.
- We may transfer or store your personal data at a place outside Hong Kong. It may also be processed by staff working inside or outside Hong Kong, who work for us, our suppliers or our Affiliates. These staff may be engaged in, including but not limited to, the fulfillment of activities contemplated in and/or ancillary to paragraph 1 above, the processing of your payment and provision of after-sales services.
- We will obtain your consent before disclosing your personal data to parties other than those set out in paragraphs 4 to 6 above.
C. Direct Marketing
- By virtue of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), we will not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Please tick the box in the registration form to indicate whether you agree to our use of your personal data for direct marketing.
- Upon receiving your consent, we may use your personal data such as your name, mobile phone number and email address to provide you with promotional and direct marketing materials in relation to healthcare services provided by us or our Affiliates through various communication channels such as SMS and email.
- If you do not wish to receive direct marketing materials from us, you may send your request to opt out at anytime to email@example.com or through such other channels as we may announce from time to time.
The information collected by means of cookies on our website about you will be used only for the following purposes:
- facilitate us in providing a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to gain insights on how we can further improve our website;
- provide you with a more personalized experience on our website;
- remember you when you revisit our website;
- study browsing behaviors on our website; and
- obtain information regarding the number of visitors to our website and the pages viewed.
E. Data Access / Correction
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data held by us.
- You can make your data access and/or correction request in writing to our Data Protection Officer by post to Shop B, Ground Floor, China Hong Kong Tower, 8-12 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will require you or any other person who makes such a request on your behalf to provide suitable documents or information for verification of identity and/or confirmation of authorization.
- For any data access request, you may direct such request to us at the contact stated at paragraph 14 above, or use the form specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data.
- Any data access request is subject to payment of a reasonable fee.
F. Security Measures
- Except as mentioned above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorised to do so. Where personal data is stored electronically, it will be kept on a separate server, password-protected (or under some equivalent form of protection) and accessible only by authorised personnel. Our employees and contractors authorised to handle personal data will be instructed to do so for the above mentioned purposes for which personal data are to be used.
G. Retention of Personal Data
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for fulfilling the purposes (including any directly related purposes) for which they are, or are to be, used. Different retention periods apply to different types of personal data collected and held by us in accordance with our retention policies.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this statement, the English version shall prevail.